[uCsimm] Re: [uClinux-dev] unable to open initial console

From: Greg Ungerer (gerg@lineo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 19:57:31 EDT

Hi Pascal,

Pascal Bauermeister wrote:
> Well, these romdisk/dev/* nodes are really a burden, because one must be root to (re)create them, whatever the way (or use 'sudo'). I whish one could tell genromfs to create nodes from commandline in the resulting image...

You can!
You must be using an old genromfs. The latest uClinux patched
version supports filename place holders for device nodes.
You name a file "@name,[cbp],<major>,<minor>" (with 0 length)
and genromfs will insert a real device node into the final
ROMfs. No use of root is required at all.

Get the latest from:

    http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/utilities/genromfs-0.3.2.tar.gz

Regards
Greg

Greg Ungerer -- Chief Software Wizard EMAIL: gerg@lineo.com
Lineo (Integrated Products Group) PHONE: +61 7 3435 2888
825 Stanley St, FAX: +61 7 3891 3630
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia WEB: www.lineo.com