[uCsimm] Re: [uClinux-dev] unable to open initial console

From: Pascal Bauermeister (pascal.bauermeister@smartdata.ch)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 18:17:19 EDT

Gonzalo,

check that you have valid device nodes in the romdisk/dev directory of your development environment.

There are several ways to have them:
- as root, use mknod, but it's so boring
- have romdisk/dev be a symlink pointing to the "real" /dev directory
  (you may then get A LOT of device nodes)
- or 1° tar the /dev directory, 2° untar it in romdisk/ (as root)
  3° remove the unnecessary nodes (as root too)
- or ask me to send you a tar archive of device nodes.

Permissions should not be an issue as we're always root on uClinux so far.

Well, these romdisk/dev/* nodes are really a burden, because one must be root to (re)create them, whatever the way (or use 'sudo'). I whish one could tell genromfs to create nodes from commandline in the resulting image...

Regards,

  Pascal