Re: [uCsimm] Connecting to Internet via ucsimm

From: David Beckemeyer (david@bdt.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 14:48:34 EDT

I'm not so sure I'd be that quick to toss it to 'MIPS' yet.

If you are really seeing something as poor as 9600, then it
seems like it's something else. I'm using a uCsimm as a
Ethernet proxyarp gateway with a Tivo connecetd via hardwire
serial cable, and it can give at least 38K-56K performance:

    http://www.bdt.com/david/tivo/

You'll probably never get much better than raw 56K, but unless
ipfadm and IP Masquerading adds that much overhead, you should
be able to achieve much better than 9600 even on the little
16Mhz Dragonball.

Neat work on the porting. Can you make your changes public
for us?