[uCsimm] Connecting to Internet via ucsimm

From: Erdem Gunes (egunes@adamarge.com.tr)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 01:29:51 EDT

Hello!

I tried to use ucsimm as an internet gateway:

I compiled PPPD full version (including chap, pap...), it works.
I compiled diald for dial on demand; it works.
I configured ipfadm for IP Masquerading; it wrks.

Every thing is working; ucsimm can connect to my service provider with a 56K dial-up modem.

I set My computer's gateway to ucsimm.

When I make a web request from Netscape, diald works and modem dials...

And I could connect to Web!!

BUT PROBLEM: I works very very slowly, like I connect with a 9600bps modem.
I am sure that it is not a problem of RTS-CTS handshaking; because there is a few data flow to modem (web requests) as I look to TX led
and to much data flow from modem (RX).

I think ucsimm cannot process all of incoming serial packets.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS?? Is it a SERIAL DRIVER bug?? Or 68EZ328 MIPS LACK??

        THANKS!!!

        Erdem Gunes