Re: [uCsimm] questions about coldfire

From: David McCullough (davidm@lineo.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 08:11:30 EDT

Jivin Joaquin Garay lays it down ...
> If I need the MAC address of the ucsimm, I can think of two ways of
> making it:
>
> - Find where is that address stored (in the registers of the cs8900 I
> think) and change the value asigned to the pointer
>
> - Access the MAC address through the bootloader API and the gethwaddr()
> call.

If this is for a user program like SNMPD, then why not use the
SIOCGIFHWADDR ioctl just like ifconfig uses to retrieve the MAC
address ? Thet way it will work for for all platforms :-)

The network driver already takes care of reading this in for you at init
time.

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough:  Ph: +61 7 3435 2815  Lineo (The Embedded Solutions Company)
davidm@lineo.com   Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  PO Box 925, Kenmore QLD 4069, Australia