Re: [uCsimm] questions about coldfire

From: Joaquin Garay (jtagaurj@bi.ehu.es)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 06:43:41 EDT

If I need the MAC address of the ucsimm, I can think of two ways of
making it:

        - Find where is that address stored (in the registers of the cs8900 I
think) and change the value asigned to the pointer

        - Access the MAC address through the bootloader API and the gethwaddr()
call.

I prefer doing it the second way, but I have no idea about how make it.
The only information about it I've found is that coming with the ucsimm
manual and have to say that I don't know what it's saying. Do I have to
code in asembler in order to put the function number and args in the
specified registers and take the results from another one? If anybody
have accessed another function through the bootloader API, I would
appreciate having a look to the way it's called.

Any suggestions will be welcomed

                                        jokin