Re: [uCsimm] questions about coldfire

From: Greg Ungerer (gerg@lineo.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 08:36:46 EDT

Hi Joaquin,

Joaquin Garay wrote:
> I'm still trying to port the snmpd from the coldfire to the ucsimm. I've
> managed to compile and link all the objects and get the executable, but
> when I run it I get a 'core dumped' (in a Linux machine, the ucsimm
> shows an address error and goes to the bootloader).
>
> The problem is in the systmInit function. First it tries to open the
> /etc/version file and after it, declares a pointer to 0xf0006000. So my
> questions are

Hmmm. I can tell you that address on a NETtel board (uClinux/ColdFire)
is the physical address of the ethernet MAC addresses.

The /etc/version file is a simple text file with a vesion and date
string. For example:

     NETtel Version 1.3.1 -- Mon May 28 16:36:28 EST 2001

Regards
Greg

> - What is suposed to be in /etc/version?
> - What is located at that address?
> - And where are those things in the uCsimm?

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard          EMAIL:   gerg@lineo.com
Lineo (Integrated Products Group)                PHONE:  +61 7 3279 1822
825 Stanley St,                                    FAX:  +61 7 3279 1820
Woolloogabba, QLD, 4102, Australia                 WEB:    www.lineo.com