Re: [uCsimm] nfs

From: Uwe Beutin (uwe@hahnnet.de)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 02:14:32 EDT

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Torsten Becker wrote:

> Hello, i'am new in the embedded world! my problem, i
> connect my worskstation with a crossovercable and i
> can use the shared files by nfs. when i change the
> >connect over ours internal network, then i can't use
> >the files and i don't now why? the gateway
> adjustments >are right and somtimes i can make a ping
> to my >embedded sys and somtimes i cant't. we use a
> normaly >cisco switch. Have someone an idea? thanks
> torsten"

First of all: Why switch?! I don't have one but still: What is a
"normal" Cisco Switch and which gateway adjustments are you talking
about? ;^)

And then: I would suggest soldering the 2 LEDs in place on the uCsimm
since there have been problems with the 30-pin adapter not making proper
contact with the gardener board and thus causing cable problems upon
start of the kernel. The cathode (short pin) of the 3mm LED is on the
bottom (facing towards the uCsimm-pins).

The top LED is important: If is lights up, the board should be properly
connected to the network. I have never seen the bottom LED light up; I
am not sure if there is a little monoflop missing or something...

Have fun,

        Uwe