Re: [uCsimm] Voltage Regulator on uCgardener

From: D. Peter Siddons (siddons@bnl.gov)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 09:23:43 EDT

If the regulator overheats it will shut itself down, so checking the
3.3V
output should show it going down until the ucsimm doesn't work anymore.
Probably there is a near-short-circuit somewhere, or you have a bad
regulator chip. THe usual suspect would be the tantalum bead capacitor
on the output of the regulator. Try removing the ucsimm module and see
if it still gets hot. If so then see above! Even in normal operation
the regulator gets quite warm, but not usually enough to shut it down.
Pete.