[uCsimm] Voltage Regulator on uCgardener

From: Brian Reuter (breuter@lucent.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 22:43:12 EDT

Has anyone had a problem with the voltage regulator getting real hot?
I've checked that the power supply has the correct polarity (negative in
the middle), I've checked capacitor orientation etc.

What happens is that I connect to the uCsimm and the bootloader shows
up, and I get about 30s of connectivity before the device either shuts
off or I lose the serial link. The only thing that catches my attention
is that the voltage regulator is getting very hot.

Anyone experienced this before? FYI, I'm using a 6V, 800mA DC power supply.

Thanks,
Brian