[uCsimm] Ruuning programs from init

From: Ian Leonard (ileonard@ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 07:52:44 EDT

Hi,

I have a number of programs running on the uCsimm - from the command line.
When I try to automate the boot up, my problems start. I have no getty
on ttyS0. It appears that if I run the programs from init, Linux becomes
unstable and can crash - normally after booting but sometimes when other
programs are run.

Running programs from rc *seems* to be okay. If there was a fundamental
problem with init, memory or forking, I would have thought rc wouldn't
have worked because it is also run from init. I sort of get the feeling
that it is something to do with /dev/ttyS0 - I redirect the boot messages
to it.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated - I am not confident about the
way things are working.

--
Ian Leonard
eMail: ileonard@ntlworld.com