Re: [uCsimm] fork () / vfork ()

From: John Jeffers (jjef@inforamp.net)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 09:48:29 EDT

At 03:04 PM 4/16/2001 Monday, you wrote:

Just as a matter of interest I too am stopped dead by fork() to vfork() issues.

vfork() stops the calling process and runs the child in the same process
space. Not exactly a way to multiprocess.

I too am looking for a simple way to multiprocess for resource locking that
is correct. So far all I can find that works is init spawning all the
children which kind of makes the fact that this thing is linux moot. I
would be better off with ecos. Of course I'm sure I've missed something
and someone will direct me to the correct way that works.

Your tool chain probably is the wrong one user space uses the 68k pic coff
chain. But maybe I am wrong.

(go look in the faq's etc. in uclinux.org and the rpms as well).

Cheers John