Re: [uClinux-dev] Re: [uCsimm] Update: uClinux-2.4.x on uCsimm - flashable image

From: David McCullough (davidm@lineo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 07:50:42 EDT

Jivin Erwin Authried lays it down ...
> Bernhard Kuhn[SMTP:kuhn@lpr.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de] wrote:

> > > Are you sure that this is not the same old problem of having a dev
> > > directory under a dev directory?
> >
> > Good question! In directory "romdisk", i had a link
> > "@dev -> /opt/uClinux/dev-2.4" (including the correct
> > console device node). Can sombody explain
> > me what the prefixed "@" is actually doing?
> >
> It's only there that you don't need to run as root to create the
> dev nodes in your build directory.

The genromfs included the the m68k-elf tools I put up recently also has a
change to allow device node creation with:

        @name,(c|b|p),<major>,<minor>

So you don't need a /dev directory stashed off somewhere. The file has to
be empty. I believe is also include the sumbolic link code above.

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough:  Ph: +61 7 3435 2815  Lineo (The Embedded Solutions Company)
davidm@lineo.com   Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  PO Box 925, Kenmore QLD 4069, Australia