Re: [uCsimm] Whoops, no more bootloader

From: Ian Leonard (
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 05:57:51 EST

On 2001.03.27 12:19:58 +0100 Ian Leonard wrote:
> Hello,
> I recompiled the kernel and downloaded it to flash using "flashloader
> image.bin". This is the first time I have tried this so any thing could
> have be wrong.
> flashloader downloaded the file but hung before the erase/write messages
> were printed. I had to power off and now when I reboot I get no data from
> the serial port. It looks like the bootloader has gone.

Ah ha. The problem is revealed. If you telnet into the ucsimm and run
flashloader, the initial messages are printed on your telnet session
but the rest go out via the console!!! It just looks like it hangs.

Ian Leonard
Phone: +44 (0)1865 765273       Fax: +44 (0)1865 765280

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did. This message resent by the list server