[uCsimm] uCbootstrap and FLASH problem on uCsimm with Atmel Flash

From: root (root@geekcreek.net)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 19:23:34 EST

We are pleased to announce a field upgrade to correct the uCsimm Atmel
Flash problem. Please refer to http://www.uclinux.com for details on how
to apply this field upgrade. Remember, not all uCsimm modules are
affected, only the modules containing Atmel flash.

We would also like to thank Dave Beckemeyer for quickly reporting the
error allowing us to fix the problem immediately and containing it to only
a limited number of customers. Those of you who do have uCsimm modules
with Atmel flash will be contacted directly via email in order to ensure
your satisfaction.

As an alternative, you can check to see if your uCsimm is affected by
simply looking for the Atmel Flash prodcut number printed on top of the
Flash memory chip. The Atmel flash code is: AT49BV1614.

Lineo, regrets any inconvenience this problem may have caused you. If you
have any further questions or concerns please feel to contact our support
centre at (801) 426-5001 or email support@uclinux.com

--
Michael Durrant
mdurrant@uclinux.org