Re: [uCsimm] Color display

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 14:34:49 EST

Keith Christopher wrote:

Tom Walsh wrote:
Daniel Haensse wrote:

> So there is a difference in the lcd-interfaces. I had a look at the optrex
> displays, but it supports only one bit per color (3bit=rgb). Is it possible to
> interface the display with a analog voltage to the data bits to generate scales
> (Resistor network)? Tom, can you tell me a manufactor?

Sorry, it seems that I misunderstood your question.  You wanted to
interface to an LCD Monitor rather than an LCD Display?

It might even be easier to possible send the lcd data to a chip designed for outputting the correct refresh rates ? A display chip perhaps. A little engineering
may prove fruitful.

But then that just defeats the purpose of using an EZ328 processor.  I would then choose something like a CLPS-7500-FE ARM processor that has a superior LCD controller  (can handle even a dual-scan LCD).

                              \\\|///
                            \\  ~ ~  //
                             (  @ @  )
Keith Christopher
mailto:pkc@eclipse.qis.net

"What good are more laws without morality." -Ben Franklin
                         .oooO     (   )
                           \_)