Re: [uCsimm] Color display

From: Daniel Haensse (daniel.haensse@freesurf.ch)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 00:56:21 EST

Am Mon, 12 Mär 2001 schrieben Sie:
> Daniel Haensse wrote:
> >
> > So there is a difference in the lcd-interfaces. I had a look at the optrex
> > displays, but it supports only one bit per color (3bit=rgb). Is it possible to
> > interface the display with a analog voltage to the data bits to generate scales
> > (Resistor network)? Tom, can you tell me a manufactor?
>
> Sorry, it seems that I misunderstood your question. You wanted to
> interface to an LCD Monitor rather than an LCD Display?
No, you did understand my question. Sorry for my Germish ;-)
If you look at the optrex color display they use the 8 bits of the lcd interface
to map it on the rgb pixels. One line is r1g1b1r2g2b2.... for d8,d7,d6,d5,d4...
d0-d7 is a digital interface (no resistornetwork, no analog voltage for
brightness)!? How is it possible to display scales? In my example with the
optrex display it would have to turn a bit on and off for consecutive
frames to obtain scales?!

Dani