[uCsimm] Re: [uCsimm] uClibc, documentation andproblems„

From: Erwin Authried (eauth@softsys.co.at)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 15:32:44 EST

R J McIntyre[SMTP:eswei@eng.warwick.ac.uk] wrote:
> What I am really requesting is information on what is available, where we
> can get it, how it works, how does it all link together etc. etc. There's
> just so many different toolchains, patches, libraries, sources, ports etc
> that it becomes very difficult to follow what is going on. I do appreciate
> that a lot of this stuff is still being constantly developed by yourself
> and many others, but there also seems to be a lot available that's not
> really documented anywhere.
> Advice on these topics would be much appreciated from anyone, and I'm sure
> it would help others like me.
You are right, there is an incredible amount of information on the net that
is very hard to find, even for experienced people. Sometimes good articles,
projects and all sorts of interesting stuff are found by pure coincidence. That's
why I decided to create the "uClinux Directory" for all people who are interested
in uClinux and embedded systems. I can't spend a lot of time on it, but I try to
keep it up to date, and sometime's FAQ's and READMEs are added. The URL
isn't too hard to remember: