Re: [uCsimm] uClibc, documentation and problems„

From: R J McIntyre (eswei@eng.warwick.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 14:40:40 EST

Tom,

Thanks for your reply, hopefully many others will follow.

I just wanted to clarify what i meant in my original e-mail a little bit
more. It is not the background to microprocessors that I (and probably
many others) am having trouble with, or embedded systems. Personally, I am
in the 4th year of an Electronic Engineering degree, which has covered a
lot of the fundamentals of microprocessor/controller operations, so I
understand the basics (although some of this stuff still blows my mind,
I'm sure even the most expert developer still gets confused from time to
time!)

What I am really requesting is information on what is available, where we
can get it, how it works, how does it all link together etc. etc. There's
just so many different toolchains, patches, libraries, sources, ports etc
that it becomes very difficult to follow what is going on. I do appreciate
that a lot of this stuff is still being constantly developed by yourself
and many others, but there also seems to be a lot available that's not
really documented anywhere.

Advice on these topics would be much appreciated from anyone, and I'm sure
it would help others like me.

Regards,
Rory