Re: [uCsimm] Where's pin 1 on the ucSimm socket?

From: John Jeffers (jjef@inforamp.net)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 14:20:30 EST

Pin 1 of the Gardener board is not square. However the silkscreen has pin
1 5 10 14 etc marked. Additionally a 30 pin sim 1 connector has small
locator post at pin 1 end and large locator post at pin 30 end. These
thermoplastic locator posts were meant to be mushed down for retention
through a wave.

Pin 1 of SIM 1 boards is the indented "keyed" end.

SIM 1 boards are according to AMP drawing
SIMM2 boards are Jedec 72 pin standard. The spelling is correct the unit is
a "SIM" not a "SIMM"

Wish you luck.