RE: [uCsimm] The red 10uF tantalum capacitor

From: Stu (doktor1@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 06:44:50 EST

On my Gardener, the writing on the capacitor faces towards the DB9
connector. However, it looks a lot to me like this is a ceramic disc type
capacitor, in which case polarity is irrelevant. Then again, the shape is a
little unusual for a disc type capacitor, so I could be wrong.

        http://www.snickers.org/~davis/10ufTantalumC.gif

 This way, the capacitor faces the PCB, and the unmaked back of it faces
the DB9 serical connector, but then, the side with the stripe is closest
to the RJ45. Help?

thanks,

--
   jonathan j. davis@snickers.org /~davis/index.html