[uCsimm] The red 10uF tantalum capacitor

From: Jonathan J. (davis@snickers.org)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 01:32:26 EST

 I don't know if this is appropriate for this list, but before I solder
the uCgardener board together, I have a question about the above
component, as warned "The red 10uF tantalum capacitor mst be oriented with
the anode (marked with a + and a vertical stripe) facing the center of the
PCB and the unmarked side closest to the Rj45 connector"

 I am a bit confused reguarding this, as I when I face the side of the
capacitor with the strip towards the PCB, the unmarked side does not face
the RJ45 connector, the link is to a gif which I think shows the WRONG way
to orient the capacitor,

        http://www.snickers.org/~davis/10ufTantalumC.gif

 This way, the capacitor faces the PCB, and the unmaked back of it faces
the DB9 serical connector, but then, the side with the stripe is closest
to the RJ45. Help?

thanks,

--
   jonathan j. davis@snickers.org /~davis/index.html