Re: [uCsimm] SIMM hardware question

From: Andrew Kohlsmith (akohlsmith@benshaw.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 12:11:43 EST

> yes, detect the edge, wait some time until the mechanics is debounces
> and then take a sample (just don't wait to long, maybe you can take a
second
> sample some us later and compare it to the first). Works perfect without
any
> external components.

Just want to throw my two cents in here... Make sure the relays you are
using are rated for very low current or they will foul up after many
operations. Usually this means gold tipped or mercury whetted and sealed.
Relay contacts rely on there being a fair bit of current (relative to the
size of the relay) to keep the tips clean.

Regards,
Andrew