[uCsimm] Compilation problems

From: R J McIntyre (eswei@eng.warwick.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 14:30:17 EST

Hello all,

I was having problems compiling a project using the m68k-pic-coff
compiler, but by upgrading to the m68k-pic32-coff compiler, I have managed
to eliminate a lot of the problems I was having. However, I still have one
problem that I just can't fix, mainly due to lack of experience.

I downloaded the modified crt0.s file that is suggested numerous times in
the archive, compiled it and replaced the existing copy in
/opt/uClinux/m68k-pic-coff/lib/ Next, I compile a library, which works
absolutely fine. Then I compile my main project file, and I get one error
message, saying that the function __main() is redefined in crt0.s from
libgcc.a and it refuses to link properly.

I have a number of simple questions based on this:
1) What could the problem be? What have I done wrong, if anything?
2) What is uClibc.a?
3) What is uClibmf.a?
4) What is libgcc.a?

Rory McIntyre