Re: [uCsimm] minicom and suse 7.0

From: Achim Schlumpberger (aschlum@tech4today.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 04:33:56 EST

I tried every hint I got - but I still get the xmodem error: "NAK on sector" :-(
Hyperterminal running under W2K does the job, so I'm able to go ahead - but it would
still be easier to transmit the images without having Windows 2000 in the chain

Here is what I did
- I changed the cables and tried two other ones
- I retried the send several times without stopping minicom
- I retried the send several times with stopping minicom
- I used root
- I used another user
- I used 9600 baud
- I used 115200 baud
- I had linefeed on and off
- I had local echo on and off
- I made a shellscript "sx" with a debug info in it and a call to "/usr/bin/sz -X
-vv" in it and I'm sure that the xmodem protocol is used
- I tried "/usr/bin/sz -X Y U N Y N" as the xmodem option in the protocol setting
menue (ALT-O)
- I tried all the other combinations in the options menue
- I started the download as fast as I could
- I started the download after some seconds
- I used kermit and got the same error

At that point I thought that hyperterminal and W2K is OK for me

Thanks to everybody

Achim

Erdem Gunes wrote:

> After writing "rx", you must select the file and start the transfer in about
> 10 seconds, otherwise protocol timeout may occur.
> Try also making it without changing speed.

Achim Schlumpberger

Tech4Today GmbH Heusteigstraße 37 70180 Stuttgart

Fon: +49 (0)711 620 8809 Fax: +49 (0)711 620 8811