Re: [uCsimm] Servo Control

From: profesor@sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 13:24:39 EST

I assume you're talking about an R/C servo, rather than a more complex
one with position or velocity feedback.

The PWM in the dragonball is meant to drive an audio subsystem, so it
has some queuing/interrupt features that are not necessary for driving
a servo. I managed to get this to work for my project, and I've put
my servo driving code on the web page for my robot (look for servo.h
and servo.c) at:

        http://www.gweep.net/~profesor/tuxbot/

Note that the dragonball only has one PWM channel, so it can only
drive one servo. If you need to drive more than one, you'll need
to do it in software.

        -Matt