Re: [uCsimm] Servo Control

From: D. Jeff Dionne (jeff@lineo.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 12:16:39 EST

The uCsimm provides no code to drive the PWM, but it is avaialble on the
connector. You need to program it youself, and a good place to start is
the chapter on PWM in the 68EZ328 manual. A copy of the manual in PDF
form is in the Datasheets directory on the CD. Have a look there, and if
you need more perhaps we can dig up an application note.

In order to control a servo closed loop (as opposed to just crude open
loop output) you'll need to code up a PID loop or a fuzzy logic engine.
The Dragonball has obviously enough oomph to do this...