Re: [uCsimm] Notice #6A27

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 10:10:51 EST

Isn't there some way to totally block ALL HTML formatted messages?
Generate an error response back to the sender when such a message is
sent. My concern is this, I run with Java & Javascript enabled within
Netscape mail. If one of these guys gets clever (somehow) and sends an
embedded javascript that is used to identify "us", then they end up with
a lot of mail accounts by sneaking a message onto a list.

I'm not sure if / how this is possible, but most of this junk seems to
be HTML formatted. Besides, NOBODY should be sending anything but text
formatted mail to a list server anyhow!

BTW. Apologies for the 'off-topic'.