Re: [uCsimm] uCsimm i/o pins

From: James Graves (jgraves@deltamobile.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 13:27:43 EST

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Mohamed, Yassin wrote:

> I am in the process of evaluating uCsimm as a possible solution for our
> devices.
> 1) Is there any way i can get my hands on some codes that uses the I/O pins?
> 2) Do i need the the real time extensions ? The important thing here is that
> we do not miss interupts coming from the subsystem. As long as i can queue
> them, in my case, my app should be fine.

Programming the I/O pins is fairly easy, just look at the Dragonball
user's manual. You can even access these from an application program,
though that's not recommended. Please note, however, you don't have
access to some of the I/O pins of the Dragonball on the uCsimm
connector.

Real time extensions are useful if you need to respond to an event
within a specific time period (like say 5ms). Under most
circumstances, regular uclinux won't be missing interrupts, but it may
not get to them as fast as you'd like. You'll need to specify the
requirements more precisely.

James Graves
Delta Mobile Software