RE: [uCsimm] starting ppp

From: Asier Goikoetxea Yanci (
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 04:13:51 EST

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, James Graves wrote:
>I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. Are you using the
>uCsimm to dial out and connect to another machine, or are you dialing
>into the uCsimm?
>If you post your chat script and command line options to PPPD we might
>get a better idea of what is going wrong.

First, excuse me for my poor English.

Well, I'm trying to dialing into the uCsimm, working it as a HTTP Server via
modem. So I need dialing into uCsimm and start pppd. I get login into uCsimm
via modem using agetty (ok). I started pppd via null modem and I get to
browse uCsimm's web pages (ok too). Now I'm trying to start pppd instead of
login when I dialing into the uCsimm.

To start agetty I issue 'agetty -I 'AT\015' 9600 ttyS0', modem's
configuration is saved in modem's flash memory.

To start pppd I issue 'pppd passive silent netmask' in command line or with respawn in /etc/inittab file.
I don't have chap script because I don't mind, at the moment, who is
incoming into a web pages.

How can I convinate now these two in one?. I mean, how can I start
automaticaly pppd when I'm dialing into the uCsimm instead of login?

Asier Goikoetxea Yanci
Mondragon Unibertsitatea
Communications' Departament
Telf.:943 794700 ext 314