Re: [uCsimm] Managed to get the power supply wrong. What next. . .

From: profesor@sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 15:53:20 EST

Abhishek,

When I did this to my uCsimm/gardener board, the only thing I damaged was the
voltage regulator on the gardener board. You can order a replacement
from DigiKey (they're cheap - you might want to order a few like I
did :-)

Though the fact that the serial cord heated up is not good, you may have
damaged something else. At least try the regulator though. Next time,
just plug in the power cord WITHOUT the ucsimm and check that the
regulator is putting out 3.3v with a voltmeter. Once that works, unplug
power, put the uCsimm back in & try again.

        -Matt