Re: [uCsimm] Login Problem (Telnet)

From: James Graves (jgraves@deltamobile.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 16:49:43 EST

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Jürg Pargätzi wrote:

> I just started working with uCsimm. The first thing I wanted
> to do was telnetting to the uCsimm. Well Telnet ist working
> but i have to wait for about one minute, before the login
> prompt of the uCsimm apears. When i ping to the module, i get
> the answer very soon, reaction time ist about 3ms. What could
> be the problem?

Look at the /etc/rc script being used for the uCsimm. It sets the
network IP address and tries to mount a directory via NFS. Both of
these are probably wrong for your network. Fix these in the romdisk
directory, and build a new romdisk.img file to load onto the uCsimm.

James Graves
Delta Mobile Software