Re: [uCsimm] net traffic filtering

From: profesor@sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 09:18:03 EST

> The problem is that the ucsimm is the basis for the project. Somebody in
> the school bought it last year and now they want (me) to do something with
> it. So rather than changing the processor we will have to change the
> project.

In order to do filtering, you would need to add another interface to
it. However, I think you could do a proof-of-concept, though it wouldn't
be able to keep up with a ton of traffic. You could run PPP over the
serial port, and hook the ethernet up to the network and verify that
it filters packets as designed. It won't be able to keep up with line
rate, but it should be able to process packets fast enough that you
can demonstrate that it does something.

        -Matt