Re: [uCsimm] net traffic filtering

From: daniel haensse (daniel.haensse@fhk.usz.ch)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 08:12:38 EST

> A lot of the really nice processors
> are going BGA (Ball Grid Array), that technology really raises the
> development bar (and costs).
> TomW

e.g. the mpc860 is a nice pendant to the 68ez328 with 106 Mips at 80MHz having
a BGA package. Maybe you want to design a PCI card for your application:
the MPC8240 has a build in PCI bus and even more performance.
If I reduce my coffee consumption, I am able to solder a 0.5mm pitch package.
Did anybody try to mount a BGA by hand? If I would give a board to production
with BGA it would cost me about $600 to mount a single chip for a prototype
board.

Dani