Re: [uCsimm] net traffic filtering

From: Joaquin Garay Urrutia (jtagaurj@bi.ehu.es)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 02:27:57 EST

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, daniel haensse wrote:

> Most of the filtering is done by the ethernet controller (if it is not running
> in promiscuous mode), since only packets with matching ip destination
> will be received and afterward processed by the up.

 According to the data sheet of the ethernet controller, all the filtering
it can do is based on the destination Ethernet address, so you can´t
program it to accept all the packets sent by a particular machine.

> If you want to do some
> routing, I would suggest to use a 68vz328 which can
> run with up to 33MHz.
>
> dani

 The problem is that the ucsimm is the basis for the project. Somebody in
the school bought it last year and now they want (me) to do something with
it. So rather than changing the processor we will have to change the
project.

                                                Jokin