RE: [uCsimm] FM radio receiver

From: Stu (doktor1@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 01:39:47 EST

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but there are several ISA
radio tuner cards on the market that you might be interested in. I have an
AIMSLAB RadioTrak II, and it only has a few leads on the card edge. There
are Linux drivers for it, and it is very simple to control - write words to
I/O ports. It has a preamp and two 1/8" connectors (one line-out and one for
the two-conductor antenna plug).

The card itself is very simple - a couple chips, two choke coils, a few
resistors and capacitors. It is not inconceivable that you could desolder
the components and move them to a custom board.

http://www.uClinux.com/