[uCsimm] Re: [uClinux-dev] uClinux 2.4.0.0pre0 released.

From: David McCullough (davidm@lineo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 09:18:23 EST

Jivin D. Jeff Dionne lays it down ...
> This is the release announcement for uClinux-2.4.0.0pre0
>
> uClinux 2.4.0.0pre0 is out. It is on www.uclinux.org and cvs.uclinux.org
>
> This relase includes support for Motorola ColdFire MCF5307 and MC68328.
> The MCF5307 support targets Lineo NetTEL and the 68328 support targets
> XCoPilot.

> for the NetTEL. There are a few memory leaks and there is a bug in
> wait4().

Some good news on the bugs above.

The memory leaks appear to have gone away with the cleanup I did from
test11 to 2.4.0. This fixed up all the paging daemons whose job is to
free up buffers and the like in the background.

The wait4 problem was actually a bug in the user mode "init" process not
dealing with wait/SIGCHLD in the appropriate way. This caused an infinite
loop in the "rc" file processing preventing it from getting to the shell
prompt.

Just to wet everyones appetite, I have attached the bootlog for a
NETtel/SecureEdge Router that is running on the 2.4.0.0pre0 release from
cvs.uclinux.org, enjoy :-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough:  Ph: +61 7 3279 1822  Lineo (The Embedded Linux Company)
davidm@lineo.com   Fx: +61 7 3279 1820  PO Box 925, Kenmore QLD 4069, Australia