[uCsimm] Dragonball on TV

From: Raj Kumar (rajk@web-ezee.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 04:44:34 EST

Hi everybody,

I am working on a project that requires me to interface a MC68EZ328 to a standard colour TV. I am planning to use uClinux.

Has anyone out there worked with / interfaced a low cost TV/Video controller to the Dragonball ? The primary objective is to display text (English) onscreen. Bit mapped graphics would be great ! Colour display would be even better !!

I need to keep costs low. I am looking for a simple / single chip solution (without extra Video memory etc.)

Has anybody tried/thought of tweaking the onboard LCD controller to generate TV timings ? (HSync/Line Pulse of 15 KHz and VSync/Frame Pulse of 50 Hz) ?

Any feedback will help.

Raj Kumar
Bangalore, India