Re: [uCsimm] Relocation problem

From: Erwin Authried (eauth@softsys.co.at)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 20:03:56 EST

Only those modules that contain any references to locations outside the
+/-32KB range require compilation with 32-bit (-fPIC). There's nothing
special on the C library, it is just a couple of object modules. The library
contains only inside references, however, and as long as the complete
library is <32KB, all the references are therefore within the +/-32KB range.
Thus, there's no need to compile the library with 32-bit. It doesn't hurt
if you do that, but you'll increase the codesize by ~2-3%.

-Erwin