Re: [uCsimm] a fool question

From: Fairbairn Family (lgcl01@ihug.co.nz)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 01:14:47 EST

Hi,

H8S?,

> > > In theory, it would be possible, but I don't think that you want to go
> > > thru the work that you would have to do rewriting the entire code
base!
> > > In practical terms the answer may be no

What about something closer to home such as a 68332 with 512Kbx16 SRAM and
512Kbx16 Flash?

I've been thinking about doing this for a while as I am currently working on
a 68332 based board and will have a few spares floating around soon, however
a very basic kernal image seems so large....

I can't produce/obtain an memory expansion card for this particular board as
the board isn't designed to bring out much of the processor bus to it's main
connectors - it's mainly designed for sensor IO jobs and in that capactity
512Kb SRAM/Flash is more than enough. In fact by default the boards will
probably be populated with 128Kb SRAM......

Just thought it would be an interesting journey into the unknown.

Thanks,
Christopher Fairbairn