[uCsimm] filesystem buffering

From: Frank Haverkamp (haver@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 10:25:26 EST

Hi,

I am playing with a memory card with the vfat-filesystem on top of it.
It seems to work
fine, but how can I ensure that the data is written immediately? I wrote
a testprogram
wich does a flush(fp) before closing the fp. That works fine. But if I
do a touch blabla
to create an empty file in the mounted directory, the data is written
when I umount
the memory card. That is not what I want, cause the data will be lost if
the system
fails between umount and writing the empty file. And worse if it flushed
only half of
the data the cards data may get corrupted.

Has anyone a good (and simple) idea?

Thanks,

Frank