[uCsimm] Wireless phone for embedded devices?

From: Brett Hackleman (brhackle@eos.ncsu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 14:52:49 EST

Sorry if this is a bit off topic --

Can anyone recommend a GSM phone that comes in a card form-factor (ie:
serial interface only, no display, no keypad, with audio in/out jacks,
external antenna).

I'm working on a demo that would benefit from having an integrated
wireless modem (voice & data) and remote antenna, which is why I'm not
using a standard phone & data cable.

The modem will be used in the US, so it needs to be GSM 1900 or another
standard that will have nationwide coverage.

I've looked at Wavecom, but most of their products won't be FCC approved
until end of 1Q 2001. Siemens has some great stuff but it's all GSM
900.

Thanks in advance for any links you can provide,

Brett

brhackle@eos.ncsu.edu