Re: [uCsimm] cs8900 & wait-states

From: Kelly Hall (hall@iname.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 03:27:25 EST

"D. Jeff Dionne" wrote:

> Interesting, that's exactly how I've always thought of Intel! Mot has
> always known exactly how/what/where and Intel just bumbles along getting
> lucky. Just goes to show that there is no agreement on this subject at
> all, just advocates for both.

Uhh, I'm not sure I want to weigh in on either side of this holy war,
but as data points I'd like to suggest the 68HC12, the 88000, and the
CHRP as examples of Motorola making up as the went along. Frankly, both
companies seem like great examples of why technical acumen is not
essential for business success.

Kelly

--
Kelly Hall                          hall at iname dot com