[uCsimm] Interfacing 8bit sram on a 16bit bus

From: daniel haensse (daniel.haensse@fhk.usz.ch)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 07:33:40 EST

Hi

I would like to use the /CSB1 chipselect on the uCSimm to interface an 8 bit
SRAM.
I plan to connect A0-A14, D8-15, /UWE, /OE and /CSB1 to the SRAM.
Is this correct to interface the device for continuous address locations in 8
bit mode? I'm a little bit confused of all that addressing stuff.

/CSB0 is used by the ethernet controller using 16 bit interfacing.
Is it possible by toggling bit BSW in the CSB register (maybe also WS0-2) to
interface both devices? I just would like to use memcpy to copy data from the
dram to the sram and vice-versa (memcpy will be called by an interrupt routine
with higher priority than the ethernet controller) and in this case does memcpy
use 16bit access to the dram and translate it to two 8 bit access to DB8-15?

I don't understand a lot about the compact flash discussion, but is this the
same idea behind the 8 and 16 bit access.

Thanks Dani