RE: [uCsimm] Compact Flash, wiring for IDE

From: Paredes, Jefferson SECUADO-FNE4 (JEFFERSON.J.PAREDES@SECUADO.SHELL.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 11:59:29 EST

Tom.

Do you want Use and IDE device in 8 bit mode?

The IDE indentify command return info in word mode only, later you can set
the TRANSFER MODE in 8 bits, may be you can try making arrangement with TTL
logic to read 16 bit in 2 read cycles.

if ucSimm donīsupport DMA transfer, then you may use the IDE device in PIO
mode.

Amazon sell a good book about IDE, and SCSI Interfaces.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201175142/o/qid=976208689/sr=8-1/ref
=aps_sr_b_1_3/103-8230364-2114213

excuse me my poor english

Regards