Re: [uCsimm] Compact Flash, wiring for IDE

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 02:16:39 EST

David Smead wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I haven't used it yet, but plan on doing so. I also downloaded the CF
> document from compactflash.org and the manual for the IBM microdrive.
>
> I may have most of it figured out, but it will have to wait a day or so
> before I can get it organized a little more because I'm working on a
> project that has to be done tomorrow.

Well, hopefully you will make better progress than I have so far. I
spent most of the day rewiring the interface and I still have no
response from the CF. I am using a Lexar CF and their spec sheet says
that the device is capable of True IDE Mode. The compact flash spec 1.4
is not of much help, it specs the CF interface but does not give any
examples on using it.

I will have to buzz out all the pin connections to make sure that they
are wired as per the schematic & there are no shorts / opens.