[uCsimm] Re: [UCLINUX] uClinux 2.2 or 2.4?

From: Erwin Authried (eauth@softsys.co.at)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 14:17:42 EST

Having uClinux for 2.2 or 2.4 would be an advantage for development of
drivers and filesystem. Most current developments don't care much about
older kernel versions, and there are some new kernel features that make
porting back sometimes difficult. I'm thinking of MTD and JFFS, for example.
I have done some work for MTD so that the current CVS version ís usable
for 2.0, but only the most important modules have been ported back. The
latest JFFS sources are not usable for 2.0, as far as I know. I'm aware
that even with 2.4 uClinux some changes to drivers would be required,
but that would less difficult than porting the source back to 2.0.

Regards,

Erwin