Re: [uCsimm] spontaneous reboots.

From: daniel haensse (daniel.haensse@fhk.usz.ch)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 08:46:12 EST

Hello,

pin 8 on the uCSimm is an input to the maxim MAX 6319 reset device, but there
is no external pull-up resistor (internal resistor is 52kOhm).
I have put a resistor on the uCgardener board (2k pin 8 and pin7) and
would suggest to put the pin 8 on vdd if manual reset is not needed. I think
this is not the final solution to the problem, since their is a correlation to
network traffic. I guess it is a problem with the 3.3V traces on the uCSimm. Did
somebody try to connect a capacitor on the vdd and gnd pins of the max6319,
directly next to the chip (this is a little bit a symptomatical solution) ?

Dani