Re: [uCsimm] spontaneous reboots.

From: daniel haensse (daniel.haensse@fhk.usz.ch)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 11:34:08 EST

I had a reboot on my uCSimm as well this morning, but it has this red capacitor.
Maybe it is also a good idea to source the uCgardener with more than only 4.0V,
since the linear regulator can't work if their are some glitches / drops from
the powersupply and the capacitor 3300uF can't help either in this case.

Dani

Am Die, 28 Nov 2000 schrieben Sie:
> If you are having problems with spontaneous reboots, check to see if your
> uCgardener has two blue capacitors or one blue and one red. If it has two
> blue capacitors, that may be the problem. If you have the uCgardener
> schematic handy, try switching the capacitor marked "C2" with a (red) 10uF
> tantalum capacitor. It must be oriented with the anode (marked with a +
> and a verticle stripe) facing the center of the PCB and the unmarked side
> facing the RJ45 connector. There was a part substitution a while back that
> required the new (red) capacitor for the uCgardener.
>
> Damon Stewart
> Support
> Lineo, Inc.
>

> > Hello there,
> >
> > Is there anybody that has had experiences with the uCsimm rebooting
> > spontaneously ?
> >
> > I have has the module here for a few weeks now, and with the default
> > rom-image, it will spontaneously reboot to the boot-loader.
> > It seems to be somehow related to the ethernet connection, since I havent
> > had it reboot by itself when i unplug it from ethernet after booting up.
> >
> > Any ideas .. or is this just a bug/defect ?

Daniel Haensse

Klinik fuer Neonatologie

UniversitaetsSpital Zuerich

Frauenklinikstr. 10