Re: [uCsimm] ucd-snmp porting

From: David (davidbeamonte@yahoo.es)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 09:00:11 EST

Hi!

I have also tried to port ucd-snmp to uClinux on uCsimm, but I have desisted at
last. I could finally run the configure script, but I couldn't compile it.
There must be a problem with the compilers or something like that. I tried to
find out where the problem was in the source code of the ucd-snmp but I believe
that the problem is in the compiler instead of in the code.

I have also tried with cmu-snmp and the result was the same. Maybe the
executable generated is too big, or the uCsimm can't allocate enough memory...
i really don't know...

If you find any other snmp agent which is open-source and that can be ported,
don't doubt to contact me, because I am searching desperately.

Sorry that I don't have good news :-(

   David